Living the life God intended...

Living the life God intended...

Friday, February 28, 2014

The boys first WVU game…can I say jealous?

 

I know most of these posts are totally out of order, but I really wanted the long overdue introduction of Miss Sophia to come before any others I worked on so bear with me! 

 

    A couple of weeks before Sophie arrived, Grammy and Peepaw took the boys to their first WVU football game…and first (that they are able to remember) airplane ride.  It gave Matt and me some much needed alone time, and by alone time I mean with a very energized 2 year old…haha! 

   The boys were thrilled and were jumping out of their skin most of the month leading up to the game and they even posed for lots of pics…because it wasn’t mommy holding the camera I’m sure.  Here’s a recap of the boys and their grandparents in heaven…Almost Heaven!

Here they are arriving in Pittsburgh.  Sooooo excited

the boys in pittsburg-001

We had asked Grammy to take them around the campus and of course show them where Mommy and Daddy met…the infamous Boreman South dorm where Matt would serenade me singing after coming home from going out with “the guys” every night!  Oh those days…I love them but I love these even more. That hubby of mine continues to find ways after almost 17 years to make me feel special!  Wouldn’t trade him in for the world!  Ok, enough mushiness, back to the game!

pittsburg 

Here’s the crew….Peepaw, little Ryan, Grammy, Andrew, Big (uncle Ryan) and Lincoln

Once at the game, we thought the boys would have fun tailgating. Oh no, they were there to watch a game and they were NOT going to miss any part of it, so Grammy took them in and they were one of the first spectators I think judging the empty seats! 

wvu game

I’m not sure who the photographer was in this pic, looks like I could’ve been there wielding the camera, but I think the goal was to get the peeps in with the field.

wvu

After the game, the boys wanted to stay and thank goodness they did, they hung over the wall and Ryan got to high five Bruce Irvin who just couldn’t stay away from Mo’town!  Needless to say, that, I think was the highlight of their day!

Grammy and Peepaw returned the boys in one piece and happier than pigs in mud and we thank them so much for such a treat for both the boys and us getting to hear about their experience.  Oh and they said they want to go to every game next year…I think if they get fulltime jobs today, they could afford it by football season.  Now if we lived there, it would be a different story. 

But 2014 ‘bama game…we are THERE!

No comments: