Living the life God intended...

Living the life God intended...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Van Camp/Gillispie Family Reunion 2010

This past fall, we were blessed to get the whole Van Camp/Gillispie (my dad’s) family together in Gainsville, Ga at my cousin Lois’s house.  We have a large family on his side and although there was a huge turnout it was just a fraction of the whole crew. 

The night before, the Bobbitts came to stay with us and Andrew entertained cousin Michael by reading stories to him…so cute!

 DSC08492

The next day…we enjoyed family fun.  Here’s a recap of some of it.

The boys immediately attached to their cousin Adrienne and he was their role model for the day.  Lois’s house is so cute too!  She has done a fabulous job renovating the whole thing!  She keeps going and going at her age… I hope Matt and I are blessed with that type of stamina!

DSC08516

My dad and Andrew, behind them both is a family tree that has been in the working for years…it’s amazing.  Thanks cousin Heather and Lois, do you all have more hours in your day than we do?

DSC08519

Ryan and Grandma Van Camp stop for some smiles.

DSC08517

Cousin Becky with her shades on inside…too cool!

DSC08518

Matty catching up on Dad and JoAnn’s latest adventures…they are the most unretired, retired parents ever!

DSC08522

Cousin Cathy, her son Adrienne, and Andrew stopped a horseshoe tournament for a picture!

DSC08523

Like I said, wherever Adrienne was, our boys were sure to follow!

DSC08528

Hooray for horseshoes!  Andrew and Ryan both did a great job!

DSC08525

I love sitting and listening to the “adults” talk and tell stories…I was so glad to have Matt and our boys there to hear some of the stories firsthand that I have told them for years.  Ryan loved the story of little 5 year old Lois not listening to her mom and getting her fingers cut off!

  DSC08529

Ryan sat so well and listened, he reminds me so much of myself at that age!

DSC08530

The next day before he had to fly out, we took my brother, Uncle Chris, to Kennesaw Mountain park for a hike…it was so much fun!

Here’s Andrew searching for treasures from God’s beautiful creation.

DSC08533

Ryan just about wacked me with that walking stick!

DSC08535

My three boys, Matty, Ryan and Andrew. I truly could not be more thankful for such an amazing husband and father of my children!

DSC08538

The boys with Uncle Chris.  They made excellent “stand ins” for Jason and Adam, but we missed our cousins very much!

DSC08537

Uncle Chris being the child at heart that he is…he’s never fully grown up, just like my Dad!  Makes for a really fun uncle!

DSC08540

Its times like this that make being a parent so worthwhile!  They may fuss at each other more than we’d like, but in the end, they will always be best friends!  Kind of like Matt and Billy and Amy and me!

DSC08543

The hike was way too short, but we had a great time together! What a beautiful place so close to home.  When sadness or disparity arise, just look outside at the beauty our Father has made for us.  It is quite humbling to know that it was made for us! 

DSC08545

Even more amazing is the fact that man and woman were created just for this…partnership, commitment, creating a family, and representing Christ’s love for His Church!  This unconditional love is unfathomable until you share such a love!  Thank you Matty for giving me that love!

DSC08546

3 comments:

erin said...

I just love all the pics! The boys are gowing up too fast!

Sara Price said...

Hi Jennifer!

First, your boys are so stinkin' CUTE!! I wanted to thank you for you kind words and prayers. God is good and I am thankful to rest in his grace! I know we have to live close and I would love to get together sometime! You have a beautiful family...tell Matt I said hello and drop me an email if you want to meet up sometime!
Sara

Beth Stricklin DelBrocco said...

Hey Jennifer, your family is beautiful so happy I found the site! I love Kennesaw Ga I have been hiking there before its been awhile since I was there last since my aunt does not live there anymore. You look great