Living the life God intended...

Living the life God intended...

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Last week’s amazing shopping trip…

For about the past 2 years, I have been trying my hand at couponing after sis Amy and I went to a little conference put on by “Jenny” of Southernsavers.com.  At first, I did ok but spent LOTS of time on preparation!  Now I still spend some time, but once in a blue moon, a great sale comes along and revamps my desire to coupon because the receipt doesn’t lie! 

So, last week, I did my best trip with the patient help of Matt…and a trip to Publix and Kroger.

Total retail price: $205.14

 

Total out of pocket?

$1.02

 

I was on a coupon high for days, I think Matt got a little high off the trip too…

Here’s what we got:

IMG_0071

12 pack of Coke

IMG_0062

6 boxes of cereal – name brand!

3 boxes of Pop Tarts

12 bottles of vitamins

Jar of Peanut Butter

2 cans of formula

2 jugs of juice

2 tomatoes

and of course…a 20oz of Coke to drink while shopping.

Then…the next day we went to Pubs and Kroger to get:

IMG_0065

3 more jugs of juice

5 boxes of Tyson Any’tizers

12 more bottles of vitamins (they made me money for the other stuff)

1 pack of diapers

2 Chef Boyardee cans

2 Kraft Macaroni/Cheese boxes

1 bottle of Propel water and Skittles for Andrew while shopping.

 

Just when I wanna say, “forget it, this takes too much time.” (3 hours for this trip)  I have a great trip like this!

I don’t think I will ever stop couponing…I am not crazy like the TV folks, frankly I don’t have that much time to pine over lists.  But its my little way to provide for my family the Proverbs 31 way!

I didn’t take pictures this week, but we did make it to the stores on our date night and here’s the damage:

Total retail:  $230.30

Total out of pocket:  $52.72

Obviously not as good, but still pretty nice!  Plus, Matt and I got to go to the store alone, well, without the boys.

This week was full of popsicles and treats…hey we are having my Middle Georgia clan here to visit!

Somehow I’ve got to figure how to get clothes for me discounted like this!

No comments: