Living the life God intended...

Living the life God intended...

Thursday, September 27, 2012

On Cloud 9…

This year marks our 9 year wedding anniversary and like everyone always says, “time flies when you’re having fun!” 

IMG_0143

Although very difficult to see, the picture in the double sided frame on the left shows our first “date” back in December of 1997.  I say “date” because truly we were “just friends” for about 6 months until I finally gave into Matt’s 3am serenades below my dorm room window and phone calls singing Sugar Pie Honey Bunch!  Honestly, ever since that day in August when I saw Matt  for the first time, I knew he was the one!  Fast forward 6 months and we were inseparable, fast forward 6 years, and history was in the making!

Now, 9 years later, I can honestly say that I am living on Cloud 9 with the man of my dreams. 

We kept it low key but Matt said it was the best anniversary ever!  I cooked him dinner and we looked at pictures from our lives together…it was great and stirred up some emotions!  The boys stayed at Grammy’s house, but Lily has yet to spend the night somewhere without Mommy and Daddy so we had a little guest of honor at the celebration.  I dressed her up too and we showed Daddy how much we love him!

IMG_0133

She helped with the cooking…

IMG_0135IMG_0136

…and insisted on being in the annual picture!

IMG_0152

But she let us get some of only us!

IMG_0161IMG_0162

IMG_0160

Any resemblance?  This is Matt and me when we are older than dirt, sitting on our front porch drinking lemonade together, as always!

IMG_0148

Magnets hold these salt shakers in kissing mode…so cute!

A little over a year ago, at Lily’s baby shower, everyone introduced themselves by describing how they met/knew me/Lily.  When it was Matt’s mom (Grammy’s) turn, she brought me to tears.  She said, “Matt called me one night soon after going to WVU and all I heard was…”There’s this girl…”  and ever since then, no matter what, its just ALWAYS been Jenny.”  She couldn’t have said it any better! 

Through thick and thin, sickness and health, richer or poorer…it has always been Matty!  No other will ever do and every morning I wake up, I know I have someone who will love me and cherish me as much as I do him into eternity!  God has allowed us to make mistakes, learn from each other, and sometimes even teach others but we can honestly say, “the two have become one!”

Thank you Matty for bringing me joy and holding me through the sorrow!  I have always and will ALWAYS love you!

No comments: